10/25/2013

16th Century Inspiration for Fall Fashion Trend

I want to share with you one of my biggest inspirations for this trends right now, which is the British court especially back in the 16th century. The clearest connection to that period we have is in Alexander McQueen’s collection which has a certain association with the Elizabethan era. But I want to go back one generation for my specific inspiration, to her father Henry VIII. A couple years ago the series the Tudors was on air, which tells the story about Henry VIIIs reign and especially tells about his many love affairs. My first reason for starting to watch this series was the man who plays Henry, Jonathan Rhys Meyers who is one of the most gorgeous men in the world I think, but as soon as I starting to watch it I immediately fell in love with all the costumes.



                                      
There is not many shows, except Sex and the City of course, that can capture their watchers with what the cast on the series are wearing. It has everything from crowns, amazingly embellished gowns to other amazing jewelry, especially rosaries that makes a non-Christian like myself to want to start believing just so I can walk around with such beautiful crosses. It is not a discrete trend at all, rather the opposite but isn’t that just what we need for the fall when everything seems colder and darker? 

Even the men's costumes are amazing!


Do you want to seem more pictures that has a connection to the Tudors, or this trend? Then take a look at my Pinterest board with the title Religious and Fairytale Themes Fashion. I am constantly upgrading it with new inspiration, modern day and historical. I hope you’ll like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment